Scholarship application files accompanied by supporting documents must be submitted no later than Friday February 19, 2021, mandatory deadline, at the Consulate General of France in Pondicherry or at the Bureau de France (French Office) in Chennai.
The files can be downloaded in this section.
- Nationality: children for whom a scholarship is requested must be of French nationality;
- Consular registration: the applicant and the children applying for a scholarship must be registered in the Global Register of French people living outside France of the Consulate General of France in Pondicherry;
- Family residence: children must reside with at least one of their parents (or legal guardian) in the country where the school is located;
- Age: to be eligible for scholarships, a child must have reached at least the age of 3 in the calendar year of the start of the school year, and normally not be more than a year late in primary school or more than two years behind in middle and secondary school;
Financial resources: The resources taken into consideration must correspond to the total income available to the family during the past calendar year: property income, movable capital, capital gains and various profits, benefits in kind, pensions, annuities, part of the salary paid in France….
- CAF (caisse d'allocation familiale): Any family coming from France or in which one of the parents continues to reside there, must produce a certificate of payment cessation issued by the CAF of their last residence in France. The request will otherwise be rejected.
- Other schooling aid: in the event that applicants already legally or contractually benefit from full or partial payment of tuition fees by another organization, this aid is taken into account prior to any calculation of scholarship rights.
Applications must be submitted no later than Friday February 19, 2021
Address: 2 Marine Street, 605 001 Pondicherry
Phone number: +91 44 28 47 95 00
Address: 29 Dr Radha Krishnan Salai, Mylapore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 0004)
Information by telephone in the afternoon on 0413 223 1025 (French, English, Tamil)
or by email: email@example.com